Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bedside Hiatus

Since returning to the Hoosier State, I've made a big career change. I recently took a job that has no clinical contact; it's more of a health informatics position. Was this a big mistake? Only time will tell. I sure feel a lot less stressed at work right now, and I think working with electronic health records could be a resume boost...to a point. 

However, how will this move affect my ability to travel in the future, if I would decide to do so? One of the companies I am signed up with states on their website you must have clinical experience within the last year to apply for travel contracts. I noticed this caveat when I was updating my profile (hey, I like to be ready to hit the road at a moment's notice!). I tried to call my recruiter from that company to see if a year away from the bedside but within a healthcare/documentation role will preclude me from traveling with them; she's on vacation this week. I'll check back with her next week. I like to leave as many doors open as possible.

You can't leave every door open all the time, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment