- Comparatively, this new job is not very stressful.
- I know whether or not I'll be working, even months in advance. You want to have dinner 5 Tuesdays from now? I get off at 5 p.m. every night, so it's no problem.
- At times, I still feel like I'm helping people. It's just that I'm now helping doctors, NPs, and other staff, rather than directly helping patients.
- Still, missing out on the stress of patient care means I'm also missing taking care of patients. I'm a good RN, and I do miss patient care at times.
- I'm not crazy about working 5 days a week. Yes, the days are shorter, but I feel like I'm working all the damn time. I think it's the consistency I want, not the 5 days a week. If I could find some job where I could work 3-12s, where it was, say Monday, Tuesday, Thursday every week, that would be ideal. Hey, a girl can dream.