Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Year of Firsts

Well, now that it's December, I think it's an acceptable time to take stock of the year. I know it's arbitrary, but I've always been a big fan of year-end celebrations, new year's resolutions, etc. Sure, the end of the calendar year is a no more or less reasonable time to catalog the course of one's life than any other time of the year, but it makes sense to me to pick a spot and go with it. So, here are some of the things I did for the first time in 2012:

1. Took a contract as a travel nurse
2. Took care of a patient with an epidural catheter
3. Drove across the USA
4. Visited Mount Rushmore
5. Lived in Seattle
6. Tried Vietnamese food
7. Changed a dressing on the largest wound I've ever seen in my life
8. Applied for a California RN license
9. Locked myself out of my apartment
10. Attended hot yoga practice

It's been fun; it's been crazy. It's been lonely, but not nearly as often as I expected it to be. I'm looking forward to a week at home in Indiana to visit with friends and family, and then on to sunny LA to see what 2013 has to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment