Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Brrr!

Cool weather has finally come to the Pacific Northwest. Sure, the afternoons are still mid-60s and sunny, but the mornings are dark and cold.

When I was a day-shifter, being up at the crack of dawn was a normal occurrence. Since I've been in Seattle, I've been working the night shift, so I've rarely had a reason to be out and about at 6 a.m. This morning, however, I woke up around 4:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. After messing around, reading, and playing on my phone, I figured slumber wasn't coming back, and I better just start my day. I decided to head to the espresso shack (hut?) just a few blocks from my apartment to get a latte and get moving. The dark sky and cold temperature that greeted me outside reminded me how much I hated going out to my car to leave for my day shift on fall and winter mornings in Indiana. And it reinforced to me that no matter how much I really like Seattle (and I really do), I need to try to find a warm-weather contract for the winter. Just so this Hoosier can really see what a mild winter is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment